Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Happy Chili Time!

Veggie chili win! As mentioned last week, I've made it a goal to whip up something healthy and delicious each week and post it on the blog; this past week was veggie chili, originally planned to have a cornbread side. When it came down to it, however, I opted out of baking the cornbread and went for a healthy "summer" salad instead: mixed greens, avocado, corn, tomato, homemade strawberry vinaigrette and homemade garlic croutons.

The chili came out well - not as thick as I would have liked (I underestimated how many cans of beans I actually had) but Cara had some fun with hers and added rice, cheese and sea salt to pump up the flavor and the density.

Now, on to the next one - stay tuned!

No need to click "Read More" - there's nothing else.

No comments:

Newer Post span.fullpost {display:inline;} Older Post Home