Monday, June 8, 2009

Happy, Jobby Blogtime!

I’m a bad, bad person. If I were Catholic, I would go to confession and say: “Forgive me, Father, for I have sinned – I have not updated Happy Blogtime in weeks. Also, I have had impure thoughts about Joe Jonas in a leotard and heels.” Then he will make me eat crackers that taste like Jesus.

The reason I haven’t updated in forever is quite legitimate. I recently started a new job as the Public Relations Manager over at Mark Batty Publisher – an incredible (I’m not biased) independent publisher of crazy wonderful books about design, pop culture, graffiti, music, font, language, and anything involving the literal art of communication.

So, brace yourselves, people – I’m still going to blog about comic books and other happy time joints, but I’m going to attempt to integrate the other aspects of my life into the blog: working in the publishing industry, books on all different subjects, urban culture and street art. I’ve always loved this stuff, which you can also see in my older posts, so this is a giant wonderful thing that’s happened to me.

If you're interested, check out the books we put out. I set up a Twitter page for MBP, which I'm still building and also a Facebook fan page - covering all the bases. Ah, the life of a PR lady.

And don't worry, faithful Blogtimers, I'm not going to pitch you - as always, this blog is going to be about sharing the Happy shtuff.

No need to click "Read More" - there's nothing else!
Newer Post span.fullpost {display:inline;} Older Post Home