Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Something like NY Comic Con!

In case you were wondering, that title should be read to the beat of "Something Like a Phenomenon," by the inimitable LL Cool J (or as Lucy Vonne's Mom likes to call him, LL J Cool). I'm super clever.

As you nerdnuggets know, the New York Comic Con is just around the corner (February 6-8), and I'm beyond excited; not only for the books and industry all-stars, but to get my flirt on with the guys who think they're superheroes. Spandex-y bulges are what I like.

People have asked if I'm dressing up for the Con. And, I'll be honest, I'm mulling it over; I think it would be absolutely hilarious to garb it up in the geekiest way possible. Jahfurry and Michael Malice think I should just go ALL out and dress as DC Comics villainess, Cheetah (I was thinking more of the Silver Age Cheetah vs. the Golden and Modern Age).

Silver Age Cheetah



Modern Age Cheetah


A couple of other male counterparts interjected that it didn't really matter WHO I dressed up as, as long as it was tight and scant.

Minions, I need your help. I have one month to come up with an amaaazing costume to blow the other nerdesses out of the water. Send me your BEST Comic Con costume suggestions by commenting on this post!

21 comments:

mikeyh76 said...

Silver Age, all the way.

Jim said...

When we were kids, we had a nickname for WonderWoman. We referred to her as ButterCups.

I think a hot WonderWoman would turn heads.

CatWoman is hot too

Sheena Queen of the Jungle would be smoking. Tanya Roberts was hot as her. That would be the skimpiest.

Sincerely: Deadvoter

BeautyfullStranger said...

i would take a look at the other villainesses....like Star Sapphire from Green Lantern, or Linx, Dark Angel...

Dustin said...

Starfire, and post pics.

Annearchist said...

Is Harley Quinn too obvious?

http://pinkeye.deviantart.com/art/Harley-Quinn-4-43495411#

groonk said...

would love to see the Silver Age Cheetah. i've not seen that one done.

having gone to Dragon Con for 3 years running, it's hard to think of a costume i haven't seen yet.

Sean said...

Catwoman's purple-and-green outfit with the long skirt.

sunandheir said...

Since your new snuggle bunny is Batman wouldn't Catwoman be a no brainer?

Billzilla said...

Probably my favorite last year was a girl dressed up as Dr. Girlfriend from Venture Bros. Not sure why, just struck me awesome.

Jesse said...

Michelle Pheiffer version of Catwoman. That satisfies the "tight" requirement! ;)

bigbibbowski said...

Wonder Woman is good but a little obvious.

With a red wig, you'd make a stunning Maxima.

Top hat = Zatanna.

Headband = Elektra.

Boobs = Power Girl.

Facepaint = Eclipso Jean Loring.

My favorite: you could carry a Mxyzptlk doll around as Ms. Gsptlsnz.

Adri Leya said...

Thanks guys, you are AWESOME! I've discovered that most of the gals I want to be are red heads, strangely enough! Time to get my wig on.

jupitersinclair said...

Thank the gods I'm not the only one who loves getting my flirt on with spandexy bulges...er...GUYS with spandexy bulges.

I shall miss it this year. Damn.I tried dressing up as Catwoman for somethingorother(cannot remember what event it was) and it was disastrous. I broke out in a rash from the vinyl AND then I couldn't get out of the damn thing!

brandon b. said...

I vote Mojo from Mojoverse.

Continually Spicy said...

Silver age Cheetah is one I never really see, and could come off really well.

Could always go for the Phantom Lady

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

I suggest Amanda Krieger from American Flagg. Or Gretchen Holstrum.

Richard Melendez said...

Silver Age Cheetah, without a doubt. She's one that I haven't seen done yet.

-r-

when is evil cool? said...

i would have to say the old school cheetah would be a good pick. you have to do the cowl though. it was was like a cheetah head/ helmet looking thing.

the cheetah in the Justice mini that Ross came up with was pretty cool. it was like the cheetah from the legion of doom cartoon from back in the day.

Jay Amabile said...

I can't believe nobody mentioned STARFIRE!!! That's my vote.

Anonymous said...

i think you could pull of a pretty good she-hulk... plus ya kinda look like her... only thing is ya gotta paint yourself green... but still... she-hulk... do it... only thing is its kinda cold to be dressed up like her, but i am sure you are creative enough to pull it off somehow...

disa said...

咕蒂咕蒂,古德曼,咖啡,諾亞方舟,米世代,中法料理,葡萄酒,葡萄,高盧,紅眼樹蛙,亞瑪遜,音樂餐廳,幕府壽司,佐佐義,咖啡,異國麵坊,竹林亭,便宜,掌櫃,貝果,東西廚房,火鍋,江南,素食館,蒂皮屋,紐奧良,音樂餐廳,爵士,咖啡,蟳之屋,居酒屋,巴黎,溫馨小館,蓮西亞,明日,馬卡來,奧瑪,烘培餐聽,西班牙,黛麗莎,布花園,冒煙的橋,花草,園藝,沙發餐廳,餐廳,哈里歐,咖啡,愚人花園,串門子,古柏鎮,棒球,韓式烤肉,韓式烤肉,味蕾工坊,輕食餐廳,餐廳,咖啡館,咖啡,主題餐廳,蘭亭香,炭火,五角冰舖,咖哩拉麵,咖哩,御菇園,料理,壽司,香子屋,向下走

Newer Post span.fullpost {display:inline;} Older Post Home