Monday, August 25, 2008

Adri Leya vs. Cara: Movie Time!

While Lucy Vonne's away for the most of the week, I'm been filling the void with my darling friend Cara - not that the cardboard cutout of Lucy Vonne isn't doing the trick, but she's really just so quiet. Today, both Cara and I had the day off, so we decided to have a movie marathon and pick one out for each mood. Turns out that Cara and I have drastically different taste in film.

Quick Mad Lib Bio on Cara: When Cara ________ here to New York from San Diego in May, she felt ________. She loves _______ and singing to her favorite _______. Her favorite food? _______ of course! She's a beauty expert, certified hair colorist, and ______!

Click "Read More" to see Adri Leya and Cara's movie picks for what everz your mood!



Cara's Movie Picks vs. Adri Leya's

When You're Feeling Down:

Adri Leya: Requiem for a Dream. I like to keep the shitty mood intact by watching drug addicts and hookers destroy themselves to a killer soundtrack. I'm going to go cut myself now.

Cara: Dirty Dancing. When I'm in a funk, I like to get funky!


When You're Feeling Romantic:

Cara: 50 First Dates. I find this movie easy to relate to, because I've literally been on fifty first dates. Unlike the movie, however, they've been with different men - and involve walks of shame and sobbing.

Adri Leya: Natural Born Killers or True Romance. Nothing says 'I love you' like psychotics on a killing rampage -and they do it together. Aww...why can't I have that?


When You're Feeling Silly:

Adri Leya: Pee Wee's Big Adventure or Uncle Buck. I don't consider you a friend if you haven't seen either of these. Needless to say, gigantic pancakes make me feel great.

Cara: Dumb and Dumber. Because the Soup du Jour sounds delicious.


When You Feel Like Scaring Yourself:

Adri Leya: The Mothman Prophecies or She's the Man. Oh, and that French horror film I saw in the artsy theater, L'Interieur. If you want to frighten yourself into speechlessness, pick up this winner.

Cara: I'm like a 5-year-old, so even some scenes in Disney movies still scare the shit out of me. We'll play it safe and go with The Care Bear's Movie.


When You Feel Like Being Cerebral:

Adri Leya: Momento. WTF is going on here? And on a serious note, The Fountain is one of my all time favorite thinkers.

Cara: The Usual Suspects and American Beauty. Kevin Spacey in both - coincidence? I think not.


When You Feel Like Watching a Chick Flick:

Cara: Steel Magnolias. Sigh. "Our ability to accessorize is what separates us from the animals." [Editor's Note: Cara just pulled several quotes from this movie out of her ass - from memory.]

Adri Leya: Kung Fu Hustle, Boondock Saints or Reservoir Dogs. Ergh fiiiiine - you know me, I abhor chick flicks. But if I must, hands down, Mean Girls. That movie is so underrated.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

any more pics of you and cara lezzing it up would be greatly appreciated by this anonymous blog fan...

Cara said...

Wow, do WE know how to pick 'em or what??

I'm loving our quality movie time ...

Adri Leya said...

I'll be honest, cara, i didn't so much hate Girls Just Wanna Have Fun....but I still say NO MOLLY RINGWALD!!!!

Newer Post span.fullpost {display:inline;} Older Post Home