Monday, July 14, 2008

Weekend Recap!

Hooray for Monday! Right?? This weekend has left me exhausted, satisfied, and without the ability to see completely straight this morning.

Friday night I rented Batman: Gotham Knight, and ate several popsicles - I know, I know, I need to simma down. Saturday I covered the Broadway Barks event for the magazine, and brought the fabulous little Lucky Diamond (Wendy's sassy rescue Maltese - not pictured here, though - that's Elvis from Greatest American Dog) with me for photo opps with the celebs. I met Dr. Ruth, which made my life. I'm going to keep her in my pocket on the weekends when I go out, so she can be like the tiny, ancient angel on my shoulder: "No gluff, no luff!"


Click "Read More" to see what else went down!!!

That evening, one of my bests, Jamie, mentioned that The Aviation Orange would be playing at some loft party in Brooklyn...and although my Hipster Senses tingled (you know, like Spidey senses), I wanted to see the band. I'm glad I did, because it was a blast, TAO rocked, and I made some new friends. My new friends and I bonded over ridiculing the strange brand of hipster gathering on the roof of the building, sitting in circles and playing bongos/guitar/maracas. Check out that photo of my new friends and Jamie (in the yellow) working it at the party.

Now, I have an AWESOME week to look forward to - tomorrow is the magazine's huge fashion event, which I'll post about later, because it truly merits its own post. Then, Wednesday night, is my birthday, which I will be celebrating with a large group of friends at a trashy pirate-themed bar. Huzzah! More later - I gots to get to work.

1 comment:

Cara Underwood said...

I can't WAIT for the next 72 hours. They will be TRULY monumental.

Newer Post span.fullpost {display:inline;} Older Post Home