Sunday, June 29, 2008

Happy Blogtime on Brief, Un-Happy Blogtime Hiatus

So remember that swollen gland I referred to in my last post? Yeah, not just a swollen gland. It got so inflamed and so freakin' painful that I went to the doctor to see what the heck was going on, or to see if I had to do some impromptu stabbing of my own neck to make the pain go away. What, not a good idea? Turns out I have an acute tonsil infection, which in turn infects and enlarges the neck cervical lymph nodes, which has made me unable to swallow or speak normally for the past 4 or 5 days (normal, everyday skills that I usually am very proud of. Booyah!). Cough cough.

Not to whine like a little baby (ok, fine, but it's my blog, I'm allowed to - RIGHT?) but every time I go through the motion of swallowing - be it water, normal mouth-spit, food, what-have-you - it feels like I'm being tasered from the inside of my neck/head in a wonderful yet throbbing, burning mess kind of way. And if you put your hand up to my neck, you'll feel a tangerine-sized lump that kinda pulsates. I'm just waiting for it to burst open with some tiny alien creature hoping to dominate humanity.

Anyway, this slight distraction will mean fewer posts over the next week, so I just wanted to give a heads up, and not to worry/be devastated if it looks like I've abandoned the bloggins. In the meantime, go read Sexy Time with Lucy Vonne - she is a sexy time genius!

I keep searching for some medical website to tell me it's okay to take some serious medications on top of the antibiotics - oh lookey! It says topical anesthetics are sometimes used! What are topical anesthetics.

P.S.: Did you know that tonsillitis can also be caused by Vincent's vagina?

No comments:

Newer Post span.fullpost {display:inline;} Older Post Home