Sunday, May 25, 2008

Worldworldworld! Premierepremierepremiere!

Hey, imaginary people who read my blog!

The function of this endeavor: to document my time in New York City while I pursue my dream to be a writer/journalist, and also to help lay out my thoughts to inspire me to write some fiction. Good times, as Jerri Blank says - and I promise, promise, promise it will be. Usually.

Most of my life consists of spending time in the office of the magazine where I freelance as an editorial assistant, and working as a receptionist at a fantastic salon to supplement my income. The magazine focuses on pet lifestyle, animal fairness, charities, and incorporates a ton of celebrity animal-lover interviews. I've had the chance to celebrate with several animal-centric organizations and am amazed at how much is being done to support this cause in NYC alone.

I apologize in advance for any name-dropping, which will, of course, occur - though it was a previous complaint about my ONE blog that I ever did last year to gush about a fashion show I worked at Lacoste.

Yeah, okay, I rub elbows with celebs, but not in any glamorous way. The extent to the "rubbing of elbows" is literally rubbing elbows - and the frequent attempts to interview them on red carpets of major charity or industry events (ha·rass /həˈræs, ˈhærəs/ 1. to disturb persistently; torment, as with troubles or cares; bother continually; pester; persecute).

I hope you will read on as I continue to work my ass off to make it in the "big city" (free clichés for a limited time only) as a writer - the same status that hundreds of thousands of better-equipped twenty-somethings are fighting me for.

3 comments:

WIG said...

FIRST POST!!
Congrats on getting it started.. Now make me laugh dammit....

Watermoon said...

WOW! So glad to be part of the imaginary crowd. In keeping with the cliché theme...can't wait to see you knock 'em dead. Blog on.

Lesberita said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging!

Newer Post span.fullpost {display:inline;} Older Post Home