Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Tonight's Planz: Meet Glenn Close and Bernadette Peters


I'm going to this event tonight for New York Animal Care and Control at some big Doctor's townhouse on the Upper East Side. Oh, you wanted to know what I'm wearing, girlfriend? Black dress, red pumps. Intern with camera (she's fabulous. hi, darling!). Apparently this will be "an evening of food and drink and jazz," which I'm never opposed to. I hope they have those little spinach quiches and/or something wrapped in lettuce.

I'd pee myself to meet Glenn Close, who I hope will actually be there and didn't just lend her name to the event. In all seriousness, I think she's a phenomenal woman - plus, I need to grab a picture of her to post up here. Keep your fingers crossed.

As for Bernadette Peters, my only memory of her is as a flailing drunky ho in the musical Annie, circa like my elementary school years. I imagine her to be the type to have one-too-many flutes of champagne and start dancing on the baby grand, her huge, wiry hair attacking passerby like Doctor Octopus or that Venus fly-trap thing from Little Shop of Horrors. Again, fingers crossed.

God, I hope Bernadette Peters doesn't read this.

Will have photos up by tonight!!!

No comments:

Newer Post span.fullpost {display:inline;} Older Post Home